Saturday, February 06, 2010

ord rambles

I have emerged from this NS experience with some lessons learnt-
for one, it is realizing my limitations. It is to see how useless I really am. It is about realizing that some matters are completely not in your hands. It is also seeing at times how God just takes over and controls those situations, steering me out of the dangers- the miracle unfolding right before me.

army was filled with much worries and problems, and God definitely lets one go through all of it with His mercy- experiencing the downs and pains. But I really believe that this IS true: that God will not let me go through something greater than my threshold. When He knows that you can't take it any further, that hand of mercy will come in and get you out of the struggling pit. I believe this. I have experienced this so many times.
but I guess, its only in the struggle when one truly exercises their muscles. Getting out of a ditch requires a full range of muscles to be used as the person climbs and reaches up for safety. At the end of it, when I look at myself, I see how much God has unconsciously strengthened my entire being through the struggles. Inner strength is forged. True shape reveals. This is who I really am.

"this is the real Jeremy"
wow, profound words there, I was struck when you actually said that.

I don't know about the future, but I do know the One who holds it, and He is someone who loves you and only wants the best for you.

No comments: