Friday, February 12, 2010

superhero nightmares

yesterday whilst sleeping off in the afternoon, I had a really weird dream: I was walking through a dark alley and upon reaching a bend, I saw an asian girl being tied up with a cloth stuffed up her mouth. She was surrounded by a bunch of ang-moh thugs who were obviously looking to rape and kill her.

as I stood there in shock, one of the thugs sniffed at me and told me to run along as though I didn't see the incident taking place at all. In my mind (within my dream of course), I was at a dillemma because I know something bad is going to take place should no one intervene.

so there I stood, firm on my feet, unwavering, yet taking no action other than gazing in fear and disbelief at the horror before me- because I probably didn't know how to react to those guys. (I think this part was super realistic because in real life, I prob wouldn't be so loud and dashing as how the tv heroes would often react, instead the my indecisive and fearful side of would step in and make me appear dumb and nonreactive on the outside, yet on the inside, my heart is pounding and justice is appealing to the mind for action. So that standing part seems really real to me.)

the thugs, taking the hint that this lone ranger isn't taking the escape route decide to take action, and before I know it, they have sent the whole gang chasing after my head also.

towards the end, I found myself trapped at some house backyard, collapsed on my knees hiding behind a wall with no more energy as I heard the bad guys coming for me. Then, Salvation came. I opened my eyes, and woke up from my dream. My character probably didn't make it, but I guess I did TRY to someone in distress, whether or not I succeeded is another story.

and...
I think I've had one too many afternoon naps

No comments: