Monday, August 09, 2010

job. aspirations.

it looks like it, the start of the next phase of life. This current period after all, is pure fantasy and a waste of breath anyway. Is it of any value to be a kid forever? My life so far is rockstar. I will miss being the entertainment IC and party coordinator. I guess, it’s time to grow up. But does growing up... entail working? Pursuing a career? Bringing home the cash? Does this define what growing up means?
let this secular task be ministry, and let all my actions be worship. In fact, there will be no divide between what is secular or not, let everything I do be scrutinised by You. Only then will there be meaning and truth in everything I do. Growing up simply just means I'm being used by you in the area of grown up matters.

I will rock in my job, I will rock it so hard

in the drudgery of work I will find passion & worship
in workplace politics I will choose love
in the people and departments I will see ministry
in anger and confict, I will choose Christlikeness
in everything please give me the strength to follow Jesus

give me love so that I can love others
give me wisdom so that I can change the systems
give me open doors and opportunities to shine for you

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

No comments: