Sunday, February 19, 2006

the boy will learn

amazing. how time has flown. looking back, my last post is dated on the 14th of January- it has been more than a month since I've written already!

But my, how wonderful the experiences were during that interval.

My mission trip to Khon Kaen, Thailand, was surreal. I sometimes feel words cannot describe what a great time it was, that words may potentially tarnish this wonderful memory.

Despite living in places with flawed conditions, I still found so much joy! The people, both Thai and Korean- they exude such positive forces. Thai culture is ever friendly. People there do not put up such cocky facades. When you're in their company, there is the absence of the cold attitudes and resistances that many at times we will experience when you're in the company of a person regarded 'superior' to you. [There is no superior man. That's bullshit.] And their gaze, unlike our society, do not look upon you with contempt. It is a simple love that they show, to both God and people. They inspire me, to be humble and not conform to the arrogant and self-centered attitudes that cultivates in men when living in such fast-paced, career-minded, 'dog-eat-dog' cum office politics worlds.

After that trip, I have also come to respect the Korean youths who have gone forth to evangalise in the province- laying down their everything. People who are so well off, yet decide to come to Khon Kaen, to spread the Word, to live in poverty, to be devoid of comfort for months. Their very passion sends chills down my spine as I am moved to tears by such awe inspiring attitudes. How they pay to suffer, literally! All for the glory of God. I really hope that someday, that zeal may just run deep in my veins too. Koreans, wow... They inspire me, truly to be a better person.

And the way both cultures worship. Wow. Simple yet powerful. It brings me to my knees. The way the music is played, the way they sing, really inspiring stuff! During that period, I felt such a powerful spiritual aura when I was in the company of the Christians there. How I wish that powerful aura could just linger in me wherever I go... forever. Their worship, it inspires me- I wish to find and reclaim that aura.

But now, it is over. That spiritual trip that lasted from the 18th-26th Jan, has now become a fond and beautiful memory. I will learn. I will cherish it.

Now, here's where I stand...

Feb 19th 2006, I am spending my last days of summer holiday. On the 23rd, I fly for yet another study trip to Australia.

It's a Sunday, and my midweek flight means that I would not be attending another THOP service till Nov. Immediately, the youths will come into my mind: From the older ones whom I respect to the younger ones whom I will guard. Gosh, I will miss them all. For the youths have become family to me- My brothers and sisters. I feel like a brother so in love with all of his siblings, that it's actually quite sad to leave them behind. They are family, I hold them so dear to my heart, everyone of them.
So till November...

Through all the experiences, from people, situations and circumstances, the boy will learn.

No comments: