Saturday, January 14, 2006

am sick Part II

ok, I'm still sick. Recovery hasnt fully arrived yet.
The feeling's horrible. My body has been breaking cold sweat throughout the hours and my mind continues to drift in and out of conciousness. Wearing a pullover in sunny Singapore is just insane. I never thought I'd be dressed the way I am right now in my homeland.
The feeling of a flu is really bad- its just depressing to describe it. Inflammed muscles cause so much suffering just getting from point a to b, and as your mind drifts, so does mood. Unhappiness floods a sick person. I feel so damned.

Then again, only by falling ill will one start appreciating life as a 'healthy' person. By healthy I mean having an able and well body.
Sure, healthy people do have their own 'sicknesses' to combat: Discontent, depression, routines and self-esteem issues. But as I stand here with a broken body, I cannot stop recalling how wonderful it was to be well. The 'sicknesses' of a healthy person suddenly seem insignificant. Human nature- we always wish for one state better than what we are currently at.
Pause.
I'll learn to appreciate life.

No comments: