Saturday, May 22, 2010

a prayer

I want her to be happy, no matter what that means. I want her to find someone who will treat her with all the love she deserved from me. I want her to meet someone who will see her always as I do now, through Your eyes.

--
http://blogs.straitstimes.com/2010/5/21/10-days-in-china-i-will-never-forget

today's article in the saturday newspaper almost made me cry.
I totally feel for her parents and family.

"It hardly mattered to them that Hong Yan had been a karaoke lounge hostess, or that she had lied to them about her job and life in Singapore. What mattered most was that whatever she did, even though it may not have been right, was because she wanted something better for her family. To her relatives, she was just a filial daughter, a kind and doting sister."

No comments: