Saturday, July 10, 2010

response.


some readers have asked why I put up a post with regards to anti-Christianity and quotes from a man who hates Christ. No, its not that I'm bought over by it. It's just that his statements, some aspects of it, if I must say, do make sense: We are gunning on something that cannot be seen in this life- a promise of a better afterlife. We are enduring and holding out for it, trusting and hoping with faith in God. During that time, we live a life of a, Christian. Having traits that are totally unworldly- the fruits of the Spirit. Counter-cultural. Men defines having them as 'weakness'. Having them does bring hardship. But we derive our strength and our will to live in Christ, not on money, cars and expensive clothings. It is only in Him we can dare to live that kind of life on earth, if not, it just wouldn't make sense otherwise.

also, the writer sees us as a bunch of rejects. Somehow, I don't even feel ashamed by it. In fact, it kind of instills a sense of pride in me, to be one of them... these are the people I really care for and have a heart to protect. These are wonderful people. These [if our faith isn't misplaced], are the children of God. I hope I will never forget to protect someone weaker. resist being proud.

if one lives in the ideals of the world, one will probably attain pleasures that are of the world, but is that what you really want?

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

No comments: